Ingredients for Beetroot Falafel and Tahini Sauce Recipe
- 1 can of canned chickpeas (420 g)
- 3 medium beets
- 12 g large cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of tahini
- A few sprigs of parsley
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- half a tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free oat flour (or another type of flour)
For the tahini sauce
- Half a glass of tahini
- Quarter teaspoon of sea salt
- Half a teaspoon of garlic powder
- Quarter cup of warm water
How To Make Beetroot Falafel And Tahini Sauce?
- Preheat the oven to 190 degrees and line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Place the rinsed and drained chickpeas on the baking tray and cook for 10 minutes or until they are slightly cracked and dry.
- Chop the beets with the cutting or chopping attachment of the food processor and put them in a bowl. Then chop the garlic and parsley into small pieces in the food processor.
- Pulse chickpeas, beets and all other ingredients in a food processor for 20-30 seconds, being careful not to overmix.
- Be careful not to puree the mixture. If the mixture remains watery, solidify it with some oatmeal.
- If it’s too dry, soften it with tahini or lemon juice this time.
- Prepare large meatballs from falafel dough and press lightly with your finger. Heat a large skillet over medium or medium-high heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and cook the falafel for 3-4 minutes or until golden brown.
- Carefully turn it over and cook the other side for 2-3 minutes. If you wish, place the falafel on a baking tray with greaseproof paper.
- Brush with oil for a crispier texture. Bake for 20-30 minutes or until crispy on the outside at 200 degrees normal or 180 degrees fan setting.
- Turn the falafels inside out after the first 15 minutes. Mix the tahini, salt and garlic and whisk until you get a creamy sauce.
- Add water little by little while whisking. After preparing the sauce, pour it over the cooked falafels and serve.