Ingredients for the blueberry chia bar recipe
- 100 g fresh blackberries
- 5 tablespoons of chia seeds (soaked in milk)
- 4 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 50 g brown rice flour
- 50 g gluten-free oats
- 50 g almond flour
- quarter teaspoon of salt
- Half a teaspoon of baking soda
- Half a teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- 2 teaspoons of melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
How to Make Blackberry Chia Bar
- Mash the blackberries thoroughly in a deep saucepan. Add in the chia seeds and maple syrup. Let it rest for 20 minutes. Then put your mixture on medium heat. Don’t forget to mix it in. Boil for three to five minutes until it starts to thicken slightly. Remove from heat and set aside to cool. Set the oven to 190 degrees and preheat it. In another bowl, mix brown rice flour, oats, almond flour, salt, baking soda and cinnamon. Add melted butter and vanilla into it and make sure that they touch each other well.
- Line a baking tray with greaseproof paper. Spread about half of the oat mixture on the tray. Distribute the blackberry mixture on it, spread it well. Spread the remaining oatmeal mixture over the blackberry mixture again. Do not press to compress. Bake in a preheated oven at 190 degrees for 45-55 minutes, until it turns golden brown. Wait for it to cool completely after taking it out of the oven. After it cools, gently separate it from the paper and cut into thin long pieces.
* Taken from Formsante magazine.
Click for the recipe for chia seed salty biscuits