Ingredients for Coconut Vegetable Curry Recipe
- 1 large onion
- 2 capsicum peppers
- 3 sweet potatoes
- 5 eggplants
- 200 g chickpeas or lentils
- 1 box of coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon of curry powder
- 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
- half a teaspoon of cumin
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive or coconut oil
How to Make Coconut Vegetable Curry
- Add olive oil to a large saucepan. Fry the finely chopped onion and capia pepper until they turn colour.
- Finely dice the sweet potato and add to the mixture. Add the chickpeas and cook for another 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cubed eggplant on it. Mix the powdered spices in a bowl and add the soy sauce on it.
- Then add it to the mixture in the pot and fry for another 3-4 minutes.
- Add coconut milk, salt and pepper to it and cook for 45-60 minutes on low heat, stirring occasionally.
- After it has cooled slightly, serve with boiled quinoa or salad if you wish.
- (Remember that resting this dish for one day and consuming it the next day helps the flavors mix and make it more delicious.)