Ingredients for the croutons recipe
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed or chia
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 cup of almonds
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped parsley or 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
How to Make Croutons
Rich in iron, calcium, vitamin C and Omega 3, purslane salad with almonds croutonsand fresh herbed cheese sauceAdd both color and flavor to it.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees with fan. Pulverize the flaxseed in a food processor and transfer to a small bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of water and mix. Let sit for 5 minutes to let the flaxseed and water mix well.
- In a food processor, mash the garlic and almonds to finely chop. Add the flaxseed mixture that you set aside and all the remaining ingredients and pass it through the processor until you get a slightly sticky dough.
- Cut off pieces of about 1 teaspoon from the mixture and place them on a baking tray lined with baking paper. Bake for 30-35 minutes until coloured. Take it out of the oven and let it cool on the tray for 10 minutes. They will harden as they cool.
- Once completely cooled, you can store them in an airtight container in a dry place for 2-3 weeks.
Fresh herbed cheese sauce
2 cups of milk or water
2 matchbox-sized feta cheese
6 tablespoons of olive oil
1-2 handfuls of parsley leaves
1-2 handfuls of basil and/or dill leaves
1 clove of garlic
A pinch of salt and pepper
The amount of liquid will vary depending on the amount of fresh herbs you use in this recipe. Pass all the ingredients through the food processor, add water if necessary to achieve a fluid consistency.
Click for the recipe for a salad with croutons and colorful roasted peppers.