Many problems are seen in long-term unhealthy diet practices, depending on the duration and severity of calorie restriction. In order to learn about the problems that may arise in such cases and the precautions to be taken, the secrets of healthy nutrition and weight loss from expert dietitian Selahattin Dönmez…
The basic rule when applying a weight loss diet is to ensure the diversity of food groups and the order of meals. In a slimming diet planned during the day, milk and dairy products, foods containing healthy animal protein (red or white meat, eggs), fresh vegetables and fruits, unrefined grains, legumes, nuts, full-fat dairy products and healthy fats must be consumed in sufficient quantities. must exist. Considering that weight loss diets will be applied for a long time due to excess weight loss and that a little eating behavior will be the basis of treatment until the target weight is reached, it should not be forgotten that unhealthy diets can cause very serious diseases without weakening. Expert dietitian Selahattin Dönmez; He lists the problems seen in long-term unhealthy diet practices depending on the severity of time and calorie restriction as follows:
1) ELECTROLYTE DISORDER: This is the first clinical picture seen in many obese individuals who do not follow a proper diet. A decrease in calcium, magnesium and phosphorus and an increase in sodium are observed in the serum. This situation triggers the formation of tables leading to a decrease in the feeling of thirst, edema in the body, cardiological problems, and deterioration in kidney functions.
2) DISCONTINUATION AND MENSTURAL CHANGES: Unhealthy weight loss diets and severe weight loss cause menstrual problems in overweight women. This is because it causes the loss of reproductive functions-releasing hormones.
3) THYROID HORMONE Imbalances:Trying to lose weight with unhealthy diets for a long time, while the thyroid stimulating hormone, which we call T3 syndrome, is normal, a decrease in T3 and sometimes T4 levels may occur.
4) BONE MINERAL DENSITY IS DESTROYED:The presence of osteopenia or osteoporosis may occur in bone mineral density, especially at the level of the hip and lumbar vertebrae, due to malnutrition.
5) INCREASED HEART RATE:When trying to lose weight, important ECG findings can be encountered due to not getting enough food.
An increase in heart rate or arrhythmia appear as serious clinical findings.
6) DEFICIENCIES OF MINERALS: Weight loss diets with less than 1500 calories for men and 1200 calories for women are easily manifested by the inadequacy of many vitamins and minerals. Hair loss, dry nails and deformities, dry skin, fatigue, reluctance, loss of motivation, impaired concentration and sleep patterns can be seen. Anemia and vitamin B 12 deficiency are the most common problems. For this reason, even if a balanced weight loss diet is applied, a multivitamin supplement should be used depending on low calorie intake.
7) HIGH SENSITIVITY TO SUGAR FOODS: In general, the most important problem, which we encounter after the first month of weight loss, is hypersensitivity in sweet cravings. Constantly forbidden foods, food restriction, and weight loss diets prepared away from delicious foods cause changes in brain chemistry, triggering a severe craving for sugar.
8) Gallbladder Stones: Especially with weight loss diets under 800 calories, gallstone formation is seen. This situation usually manifests itself months after the weight loss process is over.
9) SLOWING METABOLISM: Frequent unbalanced diets, shock diets for more weight loss and loss of muscles cause the basal metabolism to slow down and the general metabolism to deteriorate in the future. In general, it is known that weight loss diets cause a decrease in basal metabolic rate by 30 percent and fasting diets by 50 percent.
10) HDL DECREASES, TRIGLYCERIDE INCREASES: In particular, diets containing high carbohydrates and insufficient protein and fat cause an increase in fasting triglyceride levels and cause acute pancreatitis, while reducing HDL, that is, good-natured cholesterol. Consumption of excess carbohydrates in meals reduces the oxidation of stored fats, that is, burning. In balanced diets containing 60-90 g carbohydrates, weight loss is more effective in the short and long term. Very low-carb diets cause muscle cramps, diarrhea, weakness, itching, bad breath, headache and constipation.
BALANCED DIET THAT KEEPING FULL
- 1 slice of cheese (Sprinkle black cumin on top)
- 1 egg
- 5-6 olives
- 1 thin slice of whole wheat bread
- Lots of pepper, parsley
- 3 meatballs of lean red or white meat
- 1 small plate of legumes or bulgur
- Salad (1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon
- 1 slice of cheese
- 5 whole walnuts
- 1 plate of vegetable dish (with or without meat)
- 1 bowl of yogurt
- 1 slice of whole wheat, rye or oat bread
- Salad (1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon
Half a banana, 1 apple or 1 orange