Ingredients for Green Vegetable Rice Recipe
- 1.5 cups of rice
- 3 cups hot and water
- 50 g peas
- 100 g green beans
- 10-15 spinach leaves
- 2 spring onions
- 100 g broad beans
- 2 pinches of saffron
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 30 g parmesan cheese (or fresh cheddar cheese)
How to Make Green Vegetable Rice
- Clean the beans and finely chop them lengthwise. Wash the spinach leaves with plenty of water. Take it and strain it.
- Clean the spring onions and chop them coarsely. Chop the Parmesan cheese thinly with a knife.
- Soak the rice in hot water with salt and the juice of half a lemon for 30 minutes. Wash and drain with plenty of water.
- Heat the olive oil in a saucepan and add the rice. Add hot water, saffron and salt and close the lid of the pot. Cook on low heat until it takes the water.
- Boil the broad beans in salted water for 5 minutes. Add the peas. After 6-7 minutes, add the green beans.
- When all the vegetables are soft, add the spinach and cook for another 3 minutes and remove the pot from the stove.
- Drain the vegetables, add to the rice and mix. Cover with a paper towel and rest for 5 minutes. Divide into serving plates and sprinkle cheese.
What are the Green Vegetable Rice Tips?
- Soak the peas you will use in the recipe in warm water beforehand. So you can reduce the cooking time.
- Rinse the spinach with plenty of water and cut it into small pieces by tearing it with your hands. Be careful not to get muddy.
- To add flavor, you can add chicken bouillon or broth while boiling the rice.
- Cook on low heat so that the rice is grainy. Do not stir the rice when it starts to absorb water.
- Leave the lid of the pot slightly ajar. In this way, you can cook it with its own steam without overflowing.
How Many Calories in 1 Serving Green Vegetable Rice?
- 100 grams of rice with green vegetables is 120, and one serving is about 375 calories. Since rice has a high caloric value, it is recommended to consume it in moderation. If you wish, you can also try the vegetable rice recipe prepared with a side dish.
Are you looking for pilaf recipes that will go well with main dishes? Include the recipe for Firik pilaf, which is among the local dishes of Antep cuisine, in your notes.