Ingredients for the Turmeric Potato Salad Recipe
- 500 g potatoes
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of chopped parsley
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 spoon of dijon mustard
- 1 pinch fresh thyme, chopped
- salt, pepper
- 3 spoons of olive oil
- 3 spoons of vinegar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon of powdered ginger
How to Make Turmeric Potato Salad
How to Make Turmeric Potato Salad Step by Step:
Potato, whose homeland is South America, is one of the most used foods in meals. This food, which contains plenty of starch, is frequently consumed in European countries. It is cooked by methods such as boiling, frying, baking, grilling and roasting. In addition to quenching thirst, it gives a feeling of satiety for a long time. It is also used in the treatment of diseases such as ulcers and reflux by balancing the acid level of the stomach. If you want to discover new tastes, we can start with the recipe for potato salad with turmeric.
- First, peel the potatoes and boil them in a little salted water. Then peel and slice them.
- After taking the potatoes in a large bowl, finely chop the onion and parsley.
- Add the chopped ingredients to the potato and mix until they are homogeneous.
- For the sauce; Mix garlic, mustard, thyme, black pepper, vinegar, ginger and turmeric.
- Pour the prepared sauce over the potatoes and mix once.
- You can serve the turmeric potato salad with the chicken in the oven. Bon appetit right now.
What are the Tips for Potato Salad with Turmeric?
- It will be better to use small boiled potatoes for salad making.
- Make sure to add salt to the water to make the boiling process faster. You can check if the potatoes are cooked with a fork.
- Put the boiled potatoes in cold water and soak for a few minutes. So you can remove the shells more easily.
- Pour the sauce you prepared when you are going to serve the salad. Otherwise, your salad will be very juicy.
How Many Calories Are in 1 Serving Turmeric Potato Salad?
One serving of turmeric potato salad is about 70 calories. Since it is low in carbohydrates, you can add this recipe to your diet lists. If you wish, you can also try the classic potato salad recipe.
Are you looking for light diet meals that you can consume for lunch and dinner? You can take a look at the recipe for tuna salad with delicious mustard sauce, which is rich in vitamins.