Ingredients for Vegan Mütebbel (Antakya Appetizer) Recipe
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 large eggplants (roasted)
- 2 cloves of garlic (grated)
- 4 tablespoons of tahini
For the above:
- 1 tomato
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 bunch of parsley (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
How to Make Vegan Mütebbel (Antakya Appetizer)?
- First, wash the eggplants with plenty of water and dry them with a paper towel.
- Set the stove to medium heat, place the eggplants and roast them.
- When the first temperatures of the roasted eggplants pass, gently pull the skins off.
- Cut the eggplants in half first. Then chop finely.
- Grate the garlic and put it in a bowl.
- Add tahini and lemon juice to the garlic and mix.
- Add this mixture over the roasted eggplants.
- Finely chop the parsley and tomato. Add olive oil, paprika and cumin and mix.
- Transfer the eggplant mixture to a serving plate. Serve with the tomato mixture on top. Enjoy your meal.