Obesity, one of the biggest problems of recent times, invites many diseases. Obesity, which has increased significantly both in the world and in our country, is also defined as the disease of the modern age. So, what are the harms of being overweight? What diseases does being overweight cause? What should overweight people do? Here, Dit. Diseases caused by excess weight from Ceren Pak:
Expert Dietitian Dyt. Ceren Pak shared that being overweight causes many diseases and her suggestions on what to do for those who are overweight. Pure, “If you do not have a diet, if you cannot give up carbonated drinks, white flour, excessive salt, fast food and sugary foods, beware! You are face to face with danger. We are exposed to more and more calories every day with this type of diet. The fat rate continues to increase. This causes overweight and obesity. Excess weight has a direct relationship with some diseases. In individuals who cannot control their weight, first their quality of life decreases, and then psychological and physical effects begin. “ made statements. Here are all the curiosities about excess weight:
WHICH DISEASES CAN BE CAUSED BY OVER WEIGHT?
- cardiovascular diseases
- type 2 diabetes
- some types of cancer
- respiratory system diseases
- fatty liver
- menstrual irregularities
- The degree of disease risk is affected by the distribution of body fat, the level of adult weight gain, and lack of physical activity. Depending on these reasons, the risk ratio changes.
THE RELATIONSHIP OF COVID 19 AND EXTREME WEIGHT
The rate of being connected to intensive care and mechanical ventilation during the coronavirus process is higher in individuals over 65 years of age and in cases with chronic diseases. Overweight individuals have a higher risk of being admitted to intensive care, regardless of age. Being overweight also increases the risk of death after contracting COVID-19.
WHAT SHOULD BE OVER WEIGHT?
⇒ First of all, avoid shock diets that are claimed to lose a lot of weight in a short time.
⇒ Start a healthier weight loss process with a nutritionist or dietitian.
⇒ Set a realistic goal for weight loss. Once you determine the weight you want to lose, spread it over a period of time and never give up. Remember that overweight is a chronic condition and treatment is personal.
- Avoid fatty fried foods, fried meats, and foods containing saturated fat.
- Avoid foods such as white flour and white bread. You can consume wholegrain bread, wholegrain and fiber foods.
- A sufficient amount of vegetables and fruits should be taken daily.
- Drink 2.5-3 liters of water a day.
- Avoid nutritional sugars.
- Provide a quality sleep pattern.
- Exercise in addition to diet.
- Continuously implement lifestyle changes to ensure the permanence of the lost weight.