Due to the long fasting periods in Ramadan, the metabolic rate slows down and the energy taken from the food is stored as fat. Since slowing down the metabolism will make it difficult to lose weight, those who want to lose weight need to run their metabolisms very fast. So, how to speed up metabolism while fasting all day? Here are ways to speed up metabolism in Ramadan…
Many people who fast during Ramadan starve for about 17 hours. Because of all the food prepared at the end of a hungry and thirsty day, many people find it difficult to control their nafs, so they overeat and overeat. Experts state that it is necessary to pay attention to the foods we consume at the iftar table in order to avoid indigestion and digestive problems in the stomach, which will suddenly expand after a long-term hunger. Here are some details that you need to know about weakening and accelerating metabolism in Ramadan:
HOW IS METABOLISM ACCELERATED?
– In order to relieve the feeling of heaviness in the body after eating, you should take a walk for half an hour after iftar. In the meantime, keeping the metabolism working will relax the body and prevent weight gain.
– Drink 1 cup of green tea every day after iftar.
HOW IS GREEN TEA PREPARED?
Put a stick of cinnamon in green tea and brew a few cloves. After waiting for about 5 minutes, you can pour it into a glass and consume it. Drinking 1 cup of green tea after the main meals slows the absorption of carbohydrates you take with your meal. In this way, it reduces fat storage and speeds up your metabolism. By putting 1 bar of cinnamon in your green tea, you will not both prevent iron absorption and prevent sweet crises.
– Do not add extra oil when cooking meat, chicken and fish. You can cook such products in their own oil. In addition, when cooking the vegetable dishes you will consume in iftar, add the oil last and use only 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (or olive oil) per 1 kilo of vegetable food.
– Eat oatmeal at sahur. Add 1 teaspoon of powdered cinnamon to the oatmeal you will consume with milk at sahur. Acıbadem Maslak Hospital Nutrition and Diet Specialist Özge Öçal “Oats will keep you full for a long time. Thanks to the cinnamon you add, you will prevent the fluctuations in your blood sugar and prevent the sweet crises you experience after iftar. You can increase your feeling of fullness by consuming 1 boiled egg next to oatmeal.says.
– Avoid the rice that is made with the main course at iftar. Use buckwheat instead. Buckwheat is very useful for those who want to lose weight because it provides satiety, leaves the stomach late and keeps blood sugar at a balanced level. Buckwheat, which is often recommended by dietitians, is a very rich food in terms of vitamins and minerals. It can also be used because of its low oil content.
– Be sure to add apple cider vinegar to the salad, which is among the low-calorie foods. Experts state that salad should be consumed after soup to speed up metabolism in iftar. Do not forget that the vinegar you add to the salad accelerates fat burning.
– Be sure to start your fast by drinking soup. Dietitian Özge Öçal “Suddenly switching to the main meal can cause your blood sugar to rise very quickly. In addition, starting iftar with soup will increase your feeling of fullness and decrease the calories you will receive by an average of 250 calories,” he says.
– Prefer milky desserts instead of sorbet desserts. Thanks to the milk protein they contain, milk desserts do not cause sudden changes in your blood sugar as much as syrupy desserts.
– Add freshly ground black pepper instead of salt to your meals at iftar. Freshly ground black pepper reduces the volume of fat cells, which helps you lose weight.
That’s it… WE WISH YOU A HAPPY RAMADAN…