Mediterranean diet, med diet It is also known as a diet program that has survived since 1993. In general terms, this diet program is a diet prepared according to the eating habits of Mediterranean countries.
What are the Considerations in the Mediterranean Diet?
MediterrenianSome of the things that a dieter should pay attention to are:
- It is imperative to consume fresh vegetables and fruits every day.
- Foods such as oats, brown rice, soybeans, pasta, brown bread, flax seeds, which are among cereal products, should be included in the nutrition program.
- In general, olive oil or hazelnut oil should be used while preparing vegetable and legumes dishes.
- When using butter or coconut oil, olive oil, hazelnut oil, walnut, almond, hazelnut or avocado should be used as an alternative.
- Chicken and fish should be included in the nutrition program two days a week.
- Red meat and sweet foods should be consumed once a month.
- Milk and dairy products should be consumed with low fat.
What Are the Benefits of the Mediterranean Diet?
Mediterrenian dietThe advantages of a person who does are:
- The risk of heart attack is reduced to a minimum.
- The complaints of people suffering from high blood pressure and cholesterol are reduced.
- People’s immune systems are strengthened.
- People’s risk of developing diseases such as Alzheimer’s, depression and Parkinson’s decreases.
- The Mediterranean diet has a protective effect against cancer.
- A person on the Mediterranean diet loses an average of 3-6 kilos per month.